What happened in 2020 in the Greater Vancouver housing market?
– February 45% more sales than 2019
– April 40% fewer sales than previous year & prices were up 2.5%
– May was the only month we saw a decrease in prices at 0.5%
– June 17% more sales than 2019 & prices were up 3.5%
– September 56% more sales than 2019 & 45% above the 10 year average
– September saw a 5.8% price increase – November saw a 6% price increase
– December 53% more sales, 51% more listings & prices saw a 10.2% increase
– The upsizing market really fuelled the 2020 market
– Coming into January we are seeing condo sales go up & well-priced listings are moving quickly!
- April 2022: Welcome back to a balanced market. Don’t be afraid.
- March 2022: This housing cycle is ending. What’s next?
- February 2022: February signals March will come in like a lion
- Mid-February 2022: Wait, are those listings we see?
- January 2022: So you need to buy a home. Now is a good time to do so.
- December 2021: Brace for an interesting year in the housing market
- November 2021: Condos alone can’t meet buyer demand
- October 2021: Suburban safety valves close as prices rise in step
- September 2021: Election over but the effects will linger in Metro Vancouver
- August 2021: Summer sees home listing supply decline across Metro Vancouver